Friday, October 19, 2007

My Teeth Hurt

We arrive at the oral surgeon's office. I pull out my laptop as Greg is called to the back. I'm on a deadline. The numbers aren't matching. The lone person in the waiting room - man? woman? I'm not entirely sure decides I must be bored. S/he was in for an x-ray. S/he'd been there for a long time and s/he was hungry. Was my husband able to eat before he came here? It didn't matter. S/he had food at home -- just up the 1L line -- but they were taking forever. S/he felt sorry for Greg because he needs his teeth out. But, Greg must be very lucky because he has me. Then s/he's afraid s/he said the wrong thing - and that it was meant to be a compliment. I nod - no worries, no offense taken.

Trying desperately to work on my reports....

3 ladies come in with a baby.

S/he is cooing, going crazy. S/he asks to hold the baby. The aunt respectively says, NO. We learn s/he is an aunt. Ahhh... so she's a girl. She says she has a knack for babies and that her entire visit is covered today and she doesn't have to pay for anything. Random, but OK. She reiterates that she's hungry.

Saved by a nurse. I'm called to the back to sit with one very groggy Greg.

No comments: