Saturday, November 10, 2007

Is That Your Husband?

Another airport story...

It's the last flight out of AUS. I'm checking in at the American Airlines counter. They woman behind the counter looks at my drivers license. Her eyes get very large - and she asks, "Is that your husband?". I reply, Yesssss. "Is his name Jon. Like J-O-N Jon?". I reply, Nooooooo.

She then launches into a story on how before she worked for AA, she used to work for a daycare in this little tiny Texas town. There, she had a toddler in her "class" named Jon Baden. And then - she pauses dramatically - just last week there was some paperwork that she came across for lost luggage and the name on the tag was JBaden. She was just positive that my husband was the long lost Jon that she used to know 25 years ago and here he was to collect his lost luggage. Hmmmmm - no. I didn't bother to point out to her that she failed to ask if the luggage was mine since my initials atually happen to be JBaden.

No comments: